Nude heels – they’re everywhere. Why do they rule? Because they match with everything, literally. Denim, black, multi-colors…and best of all, a nude pair of heels with a skirt or dress actually elongates the legs and gives a more slimming appearance! Don’t believe me, check this little story out: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/11/04/the-shoes-that-could-help-you-drop-a-dress-size_n_1076319.html
You can go to Saks and spend $600+ on a pair of Nude designer pumps or, you can walk into DSW and find 25+ different pairs at a multitude of more reasonable price points. But, with all the options, at so many different price levels – how can you find a good pair? Frankly, ‘a good pair’ of heels varies by girl. For me, I like pumps that aren’t over 4 1/2 inches. I love heels because they elongate the legs, help me stand taller and more confidently – but when they get too tall, I teeter around and can barely make the walk from my office to a nearby conference room at work without turning my ankle. Also, I don’t mind the front platform…but I don’t want something too high in the front for fear of looking like a disco dancer. In short, I’m picky, I have specific heel criteria.
After much searching…and even buying a pair of patent leather nude heels that I thought looked wonderful but later pinched and cramped my toes to the point that I walked almost a mile barefoot in NYC, I found THE pair for me. Fitting the following criteria:
- Heel under 4 1/2 inches but NOT a kitten heel
- Smaller front platform
- Comfortable – can be worn by a wider foot
- Nude patent leather (easier to clean)
- Under $100
- I’d also like them to be work and ‘going out’ appropriate – I need versatile shoes!
- FOUND – during Bloomingdales Friends & Family sale – therefore, saving 20%! However, the heels met my price point criteria at $98.00 from the start, which was great
- Brand: Vince Camuto Zella Patent Pump
- I wasn’t floored by the picture on Bloomingdales.com – but in real life, these are cute heels! I can wear them with skinny jeans and sass them up…or wear them with business attire and they’re just the right look for a professional setting. And OH so cute with a skirt or dress!
- They are comfortable! I’m not saying I’d run a 5k in them…but I can wear them all day and my feet don’t kill. I can walk to my car with confidence vs. an awkward teeter
- They also come in peep toe…and in black patent
- Here is the link: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/vince-camuto-pumps-zella-patent-platform?ID=584152&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
This was a big find overall because I feel like I found a new brand that might be ‘perfect’ when it comes to my criteria…Vince Camuto makes a variety of shoes and now that I’ve had good luck with the Zellas, I feel good about the brand overall.
What is your shoe criteria? Have you found a ‘perfect’ nude pump?