Black leggings…there are so many types and brands to choose from… I’m a big fan of the sweater, leggings, and tall boots look…I’d pretty much wear it everyday if I could. But, finding the right pair of leggings isn’t always easy. Especially if you’re looking for a pair that’s more work appropriate. Sometimes the fabric can be too thin or too “cottony” to look put-together-enough for work. This is why I wanted to share a recent LEGGING find. I came across these Spanx leggings while doing some online browsin’. At first, I was like “oh hell no” thinking about how tight my Spanx “undergarments” are. Granted, they do the trick – but they are so damn tight!!! If I’m going to wear leggings, they can’t be THAT tight and they definitely need to be comfortable. So let’s just say, I was skeptical but I decided to buy these Spanx leggings to give them a whirl. They have a few different types but the ones I bought are called the “Ready to Wow” structured leggings (which I bought in black, shocking, I know. they do come in other colors though).
Spanx Ready to Wow structured leggings ❤
Get em / click here –> Spanx Ready-to-Wow Structured Leggings
What I love:
- The fabric is a bit stiffer than traditional leggings – but it’s comfortable. And because they’re not cotton they feel dressier than standard leggings. They don’t suck onto your skin like spandex. (they’re less than 15% spandex) Fabric: 89% Polyester, 11% Spandex/Elastane. Exclusive of trim
- I got a size small which I was worried about because I’ve put on some “winter weight” and wasn’t sure if this size would be too tight. Thankfully, the leggings have some give and even stretch out a bit during the day so the size was just right. As reference, I’m about a size 6 in pants and I guess I have a bubble butt 😉 — and proud
- The waist goes high (but not too high!) – just about to the belly button. Since this isn’t traditional Spanx fabric – the high tummy style doesn’t restrict my breathing or dig into my skin. It actually helps flatten out my belly quite nicely (love love love)
- They are a good length hitting right at the bottom of my ankles. I am 5’6″ and a half-ish. I suppose these may need to get hemmed if you’re on the petite/shortie end of the spectrum
- They don’t suck onto your ankles so they’re cute with pumps (see pic above)
- But they’re also tapered enough so you can wear with boots without bunching
- They contour well to the body but again they’re not overly tight and therefore, more appropriate for work. Although I’ve opted for a longer top when I wear them to work to cover up a bit, I’ve worn them out DANCIN! and I wore a shorter blouse and short leather jacket and it was a fun “going out look” (vs. my traditional – long, flowy everything)
- Price-wise I think they’re a fair deal. If you search enough you can find them on sale (around $70)
Another view of the Ready to Wow structured leggings so you can see how high the top goes. Fabric is just tight enough to suck you in without restricting your breathing AHHHhhh 😉
So, that’s my share for the day. If you’re in the market for a new pair of leggings that can be good for work, play, or even holiday festivities (again, the tummy area is comfy yet pulls ya in) – I’d recommend these leggings by Spanx. enjoy! xoxo
Get em / click here –> Spanx Ready-to-Wow Structured Leggings
The idea for this post was sparked the other day while I watched puffy white snowflakes fly all around the streets of Boston. It felt strangely like the holidays. Albeit a tad too early for my taste (being barely Nov 1)!
The snowflakes themselves were sparkling and it made me think of holiday *things* – things that glitter.
Remember, glitter and sparkle aren’t just for pageants and Halloween! The holidays are a perfect time to break out some sparkle. Below are some ideas if you want to get into the Holiday party spirit a little early.
- Deborah Lippman polish: *new* color called “Autumn in New York.” Autumn, winter, whatever. They’re both chilly seasons and this metallic gold polish is perfect for holiday fingers and toes. Click here to check it out: deborah lippmann Luxe Chrome Nail Lacquer; $20
DL’s “Autumn in New York” hello winter nails
- Rebecca Minkoff embellished winter white becky blazer: I’ll say it outright, this is pricey. Personally, I wouldn’t buy it because I’d spill red wine, chocolate, or something intensely dark on it. BUT, it’s so lovely, right? I picture it with black skinny jeans or trousers, tank underneath, heels, and a colorful clutch. Perfect for an after work holiday affair. The fabric and sparkles are high quality, picture doesn’t quite do it justice. Click here to check it out: Bloomingdales.com; $428
Rebecca Minkoff embellished blazer – so classy, so expensive, wah
- Splendid sparkle jersey dress: for a hot second I thought, no, this is too springy. But then, I got to talking with the Splendid saleswoman and she mentioned her manager wore it with tights, a pair of booties, and a cute blazer on top. Love it. The gold sparkle (might be hard to see in pic) on the cream color definitely gives off a holiday vibe. It also comes in black with gold sparkle. And love the hem line! Click here to check it out: Splendid.com; $158
Splendid cotton sparkle dress – comfy and whimsical!
- Bobbi Brown sparkle eye shadow: new news! the sparkle shadows are now a permenant part of the Bobbi Brown make up line. I’m a big fan of this brand and these shadows are super fun for the holidays. *11* different sparkly colors to choose from. Click here to check it out: Sephora.com; $32
Bobbi Brown sparkle shadow – bling up ya lids
- American Apparel sparkle leggings: every lady has to have a pair of sparkly leggings in her wardrobe. They’re more versatile than you think. Spice up that little black dress. Or, pair with some boots and a chunky sweater for a cozy yet fancy, holiday vibe. Click here to check it out: American Apparel Sparkle Pantyhose – White / Silver / XS/S; $10-$20
American Apparel sparkle tights – glam up ya gams
- JoJo Blings earrings: there is literally a color for any occasion and any outfit. These new cushion cut blings in *RUBY* are perfect for the Holidays. And frankly, any time of year. I love JoJo blings to bring a pop of color to any ole outfit choice. Click here to check it out: JoJolovesyou.com; $32
JoJo cushion blings in Ruby – how beautiful are these??
- Body Shop glazed apple sparkler: I came across this funky product at the airport. I don’t wear shimmer as much as I used to. I used to coat myself in glitter freshman year of college before going out on Saturday night. I swear, it was the “in” thing to be super sparkly all over. I like this shimmer for two reasons. 1. The packaging is adorable. It has the old fashion perfume puff. 2. It puts out just the right amount of shimmer. It’s not big pieces of glitter but small, silver sparkles that give a little glimmer. Totally fun for a night out. Add a little to your hair? You’re never too old for that! Click here to check it out: TheBodyshop.com; $14.40
Body Shop apple sparkler!