Technically the street name is: Chanel Ombre D’eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow
Chanel has a thing for fancying up product names
You can find it at most dept stores – I’m partial to Nordstrom (scroll down for link)
As this post is titled, this eyeshadow is a splurge. However, it is a good liquid shadow and to me, worth the extra investment – why?
- At $32, you want it to last, and I’ve had my first bottle for almost a year, and I wear multiple times a week
- The shadow itself, lasts long. I put it on in the morning, and it lasts through until evening
- Once applied, it dries quickly and stays in place
- However, it doesn’t get dry or flake off
- Most importantly, it doesn’t crease. I have found that, with other liquid shadows, the shadow gravitates towards my eyelid creases and clumps, which looks messy
- It is iridescent in nature, but not sparkly. So it’s not too over the top for work
- You can put one layer on for a more subtle look, or you can apply multiple layers for a more dramatic look. I apply one coat for work or 2-3 coats per eye if I’m going out at night
- Because it’s liquid, it travels well…you don’t have to worry about broken/crumbling shadow
- It’s not designed for sensitive eyes/skin – but it hasn’t bothered mine, which can be finicky
How to use:
- It’s technically a liquid powder, so you need to shake it before you use it each time, to combine the ingredients
- Swipe lightly over the eye, give it a couple of seconds to dry, apply another coat(s) if you’d like!
I have 2 colors both of which are very neutral and can be worn everyday – they are Delta, which is more gold/nude and Source which is a pale pink. Both of these colors make a good base for other, deeper colored shadows.
- If interested, buy/get more info here: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chanel-ombre-d-39-eau-fluid-iridescent-eyeshadow/2847285?origin=category&resultback=631