I hope it’s sunny where you are because it’s gloomy and damp here in Scituate, MA! BUT — it’s a good day for hanging on the couch. Side note/speaking of couch time: if you haven’t checked out Playing House on USA (Season 1 is currently On Demand) – do yourself a favor and tee it up some time soon…it’s hilarious!
Today, I want to share a list of my favorite pharmacy buys. I’m all for splurging on a great product – but there are definitely products at your nearby pharmacy that work just as well as pricier department store brands. See below for my top faves!
- Dry shampoo: this product is a life saver when I’m running low on time and my hair needs a refresher.
- Which brand: Sauve Professionals dry shampoo (<$5) is perfection. It’s not heavy – freshens up my hair and dulls grease. Overall, a few sprays to my hair-line/part and a bit of fluffing with my hands – and boom, hair looks clean and fresh again
- Lip gloss: I own roughly 100 lip glosses/sticks/balms…it’s an addiction. Moisturized lips with a pop of color can literally work miracles on any look.
- Which brand: Almay color + care liquid lip balm. (<$5) It has a nice silky texture and comes in a bunch of great colors. I have 3 different colors including a more red/bold and then a total neutral almost nude. It’s a great gloss that moisturizes lips and has a handy wand applicator
- Shampoo/Conditioner: I love trying new hair products – but I cringe at the cost of some of the salon brands. $25-$30 for a bottle of shampoo or conditioner?! I have a lot of hair — so that can be an expensive habit. So, there’s nothing like finding an affordable product at CVS or Walgreens…that makes my hair look, feel, and smell nice
- Which brand: Another Sauve product! But specifically, Sauve Professional’s Moroccan Infusion Shine line. (<$5) Makes my hair super soft. Smells lovely. Reminds me of the Moroccan Oil salon brand that tends to break the bank. I’ve also used the Sauve Moroccan Infusion conditioner as a shaving balm – totally random, but honestly, it works quite nicely!
- Microwaveable Wax: I need to have wax on hand – be it for an eyebrow emergency or to get rid of upper lip hair. Waxing your face is never comfortable. But I like a hard wax that is easy to microwave, apply, and cleanly rip off.
- Which brand: I love Sally Hansen’s eyebrow, face & lip wax microwaveable kit. (<$6) Has everything you need. Inexpensive. Lasts awhile.
- Deodorant: Can’t leave home without it. People may not see it – but if you don’t wear it…they’ll know. Ohhh they’ll know. I go for deodorants with no parabens or aluminum. There are great ones at Whole Foods – but when I can’t get there, I opt for this pharmacy brand
- Which brand: Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant in “Fresh” (<$5) – it does the trick all around
- Eyeliner: I don’t own as many eye liners as lip products – but this category is a close second. I have sensitive eyes – so it has to be something that doesn’t cause watering or itchiness. I prefer crank up liners vs. pencils because I don’t love to sharpen.
- Which brand: Physician Formula eyeliner trio in Warm Nude. (<$12) I love this product because it comes in a pack of 3. Darker colors good for night – lighter good for day. They can be layered. Great for sensitive eyes. Smudgeproof.
What are your pharmacy faves??