This year I rang in the New Year in a low key way. I spent NYE and NYD up in New Hampshire in the White Mountains with my husband, Nick. Last year, NYE was a bit of a disaster for me. Pretty sure my hangover lasted 5 days. Ick. This year, I vowed to ring in the New Year in a more controlled & loving fashion 🙂 We spent a couple days eating, napping, and yes, drinking to our hearts content. While I was up in those calm White Mountains, I started my resolution list for 2015. I realize having too many resolutions might just set me up for failure – but hey, I’m going to throw out a few to see what really sticks. Below are my resolutions. 4 categories – lifestyle, beauty, relationship, and money.
What are your resolutions? Do you believe in stating a couple resolutions at the start of the new year?
I’m finding it quite inspiring.
- Get back into the gym and get fit – I seriously love the gym. When I’m there. It’s getting there that’s the issue…getting out of bed in the morning, to be exact. I love boxing class and pushing myself and seeing myself improve day by day. I love working out to rap music and getting excited during class when I hear a favorite song. But, this last year or so, I fell off the gym wagon. Hard. I paid for a $150-a-month gym membership and maybe went 3x in the course of the last 5 months. Shameful, I know. But here I am, making a pledge to myself to GET BACK TO IT. I’m ready to feel & be fit again. This is one of my top 2 goals of the year. #fitwithit2015 #bethgetoutofbed2015
A few of my favorite workout things:
1> Lululemon Wunder Under crops
2> IAMMAI sweatshirt
3> Twistband headbands, the best
4> BKR water bottle
And now some random Fit-spiration. That’s right, Joseph Gordon-Levitt – I mean, this guy, GOT FIT for Don Jon. I have to applaud him for his metamorphosis. #randomfitspiration
from scrawny to brawny.
- Wash my face every night – I state this one knowing it’s a taller order for me (because I’m lazy and sometimes pass out in the fetal position on the couch during the week — that should probably change too). BUT, I want to do it. I’ve seen the positive results of religiously washing my face each night and I’ve seen the results of the counter (sudden break out, uneven skin tone etc.) I am somewhat obsessed with my skin and the sight of a mere line or wrinkle…and now is the time to better care for it. So, here goes it. Every night…wash and moisturize. #operationwashyourfaceeverynight2015
2 favorite winter skincare products:
1> REN Gentle Cleansing Milk
2> Caudalie Moisture Rescue Cream
- Send thank you notes – I fancied myself good at this at one point but then I realized I got a bit lazy. This year I want to be better about acknowledging nice gestures/experiences/opportunities with good ole, real paper, thank yous. #showthanks2015
Love these Kate Spade thank you notes. Good quality paper ❤
- Be more patient with my hubby – I’m sure I could be more patient with many people and things…but one person who deserves more patience from me is my hubby. He’s a hard working guy…who is the ying to my yang in many ways. He’s thoughtful and funny and smart. I tend to jump at him for the little things…and this year, I want to be more mindful of that. I want to think twice before I snap at him to “stop chewing your beer!” or “stop being so slow!” (when he’s walking “Nick-style” into a restaurant) or assuming he’s not listening when he’s really just taking a moment to think 😉 Because, he’s my BFF. Plain and simple. #bepatientspreadthelove2015
This guy. That face. ❤
- Pay off my credit cards – this is it, it’s the year. The year I say “see ya” to my credit card debt. I’ve been good about managing it and using cash more often than credit. BUT, I’ve been carrying some CC debt from the days when I had little funds to spare (shout out to all those assistant media planners out there, it gets better). I want to pay it off once and for all. #debtfree2015 (except for school loans, car payment, and mortgage hehe)
I agree with her. Retail-therapy is A THING. But, bye bye cc. Who’s cuter than Isla Fisher?? Confessions of a Shopaholic – good flick
As some of us look to revamp our work-out routine or at least get back at it after some indulging and lazy days, I thought I’d share a few work-out favorites.
(Links through-out the post, just click the underlined/hyperlinked product names)
- Victorias Secret Supermodel Cami Sport Bra – currently on clearance for $19.99 @ Victoriassecret.com
Victorias Secret Supermodel Cami Sports Bra
- Designed for lower impact sports (i.e. yoga or barre) I love this bra because it’s comfortable and for me, it has the right amount of support. The straps are adjustable so I tend to tighten when I’m ready to work out or need more support. The bra has removable padding so you don’t have to worry when it gets cold out, if you know what I mean. I have a couple of these bras and sometimes wear it to run errands or just hanging out because it has a flattering fit without underwire which can be uncomfortable
- Lululemon Run Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve – $68 @ Lululemon
Lululemon Run Swiftly Long Sleeve
- When the weather gets chilly, motivating yourself to ‘get out there’ and work out can be harder. I love this Lulu long sleeve top because it provides a warmer layer that I wear over my tank top. It is breathable and sometimes I wear it throughout my work out without overheating. I like that there is no zipper or hood to get in my way
- Reebok Women’s No Show Socks 6-pck – $18 Marshalls/TJ Maxx – also found online
Reebok No Show socks
- The Reebok No Show socks are comfortable with a bit of padding and just the right height so I don’t have to worry about ankle grabbing. I got a black pack the last time so that I can tell them apart from my 100s of white socks!
- Lululemon Wunder Under Crops – $78 @ Lululemon
Lululemon Wunder Under Crops
- These are my go-to year-round. I tend to get too hot in the Lulu floor length pants. These crops hit my leg at the right point – mid/lowcalf. Sometimes crops that fall at the knee can be distracting or uncomfortable during your work out because they’ll bunch behind the knee. These crops fit great, no wedgies, never sheer. They wash well and will last you a long time – which is good because they’re a bit pricey
- IAMMAI Women’s Racer Tank – $45 @ Iammaiapparel.com
IAMMAI Womens Racer Tank “Work Harder Right Here. Right Now.”
- This tank is definitely a splurge – but I love the inspirational/motivational messages on IAMMAI gear. When you look at it dead-on, it looks backwards – but in front of the mirror (i.e. while you’re working out and working hard) you can see the message the right way. The cotton is super soft and the cut is very flattering – and although working out shouldn’t be a fashion show – I’m definitely more motivated when I feel comfortable and confident in my work out gear
- The Twistband Headband – $4 @ thetwistband.com
The Twistband Headband in color Bubblegum
- An absolute must when I work out is a good headband that doesn’t slip off. It keeps the loose hairs away from my face that can tickle and be distracting. The traditional Twistband headband is one of my favorites. It’s simple and stretchy – doesn’t loose stretch, isn’t too tight and stays in place. It comes in a bunch of different colors and patterns – super cute!
Do you have any work-out gear must-haves?