For a $10 monthly membership fee, you can sign up for BIRCHBOX – which is a web-based company that offers by-mail high-end beauty product sampling.
You might be thinking…samples? Aren’t those typically FREE? Why would I pay?
- If like to sample beauty products, picture a pretty box arriving at your doorstep each month, full of new mini products to try
- Sample size means – if you don’t like it, you didn’t waste significant money on the full size version, or waste product
- It comes to you, directly. Typically, you have to buy something at a store (or online) to get samples. Or, you have to ask at the beauty counter which sometimes leads to a long drawn out conversation about the weather. This saves you time!
The Birchbox Deal:
- Birchbox keeps your card on file and you are debited $10 per month
- Birchbox shipments go out around the 10th of each month
- You can cancel anytime
- Birchbox.com also sells full size brands, so if you love the sample, you can go on and buy the full size product off the site and have it sent to you
Birchbox lists a variety of brands on their site whose products you may receive each month:
- Laura Mercier
- Too Faced
to name a few…for a list of all brands – click here: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/brands/
Here’s the deal…I signed up for this today. I’ll report back shortly once I get my first box of goodies. I’ll let you know if the samples are worth it. Stay tuned!!!
Homepage if you wanna join: www.birchbox.com
**Just submitted my order – couple things to note:
- It is $10 a month, then it had me calculate ‘shipping & taxes’ – initially, I was like what?! more money? But thankfully, it calculated standard flat shipping at $0. Maybe if you live in a certain state/region you have to pay for shipping? Not sure. Thankfully, shipping to MA is $0
- Below in italics is what is included in your monthly membership. Birchbox offers an annual membership, but I wanted to do monthly for now, so I can cancel anytime. Plus $10 a month is easier to swallow than $100+ upfront for an annual membership
- Monthly Birchbox with 4-5 luxe beauty samples
- Website filled with expert tips, tricks, and tutorials
- $10 off full-size products for every 100 Birchbox points
- Points for referring friends, buying products, and more
Anyone else ever joined this site??