Following up on the “do you look good in watermelon pink” post (see link below if you missed it) — it was brought to my attention that we also need to give a shout out to a great highlighting product, also by Benefit. It’s called Girl Meets Pearl “a soft golden pink, liquid pearl highlighter.” This highlighter is best used on the cheeks – I usually put it over my blush – more details below
Although I can’t pull off the watermelon pink – I do use blush everyday – and layering on this highlighter freshens up my make up routine in the summer.
How to use it:
- After applying make up – including foundation/concealer, bronzer, and blush – grab ‘Girl Meets Pearl’
- The product comes out by cranking the bottom – it only needs a couple of twists! See below:
- Use a cotton round or make up sponge for application – I typically swipe the round across the top of the highlighter, and then apply directly to my cheeks in a sweeping motion. I focus on the apples of my cheeks and sweep upwards
Here’s a before:
After (with blush + highlighter):
Ok, so I did those pics with my cellphone, the quality is iffy…I hope you get the gist. This highlighter is a great accent make up. I usually save it for the weekends…and wear it over my blush when I’m going out a night. It doesn’t make you look greasy…it’s a nice iridescent color. Oh and…it seems to work on any skin tone, ya! 🙂
More info from Benefit:
What it does:
For a delectable glow, fancy up with this golden-pink liquid pearl luminizer. Its sheer, light-reflecting formula in a fresh, raspberry scent glides on smoothly for a breathtakingly radiant complexion. Wear it alone for a youthful dewy glow, or over makeup for lustrous “pearlessence.”
Where to find: Sephora, Macys, wherever Benefit is sold!
Cost: $30 – should last a good summer since you only need a couple clicks each time!
- Read more/buy: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P272008&categoryId=B70
- Link to watermelon pink (blush) post: http://wp.me/p1kq6s-8I
2 thoughts on “a rockin’ cheek highlighter”
What a glow! I like this look, and I bet it would look really good in the summer to offset the greasy glow I have going on
I was nervous about this highlighter at first because I tend to get ‘shiny face syndrome’ – BUT by focusing just on my cheeks…and putting it over my blush, it highlights JUST the right places. And it doesn’t make me look sweaty! Try it guuurl, try it