Tonight is a big night…Grammys…and The Walking Dead is BACK. Like most Bostonians, I’m sitting here as the snow continues to sprinkle down and isn’t anticipated to stop until late tomorrow. This means – tonight is a great night for red wine and eating snacks in bed.
As I watch the celebs walk the red carpet, I couldn’t help but think of a few GRAMMY AWARDS BEAUTY PICKS of my own. Admittedly, I’m a glass of wine (or so) deep and feeling compelled to share this while the topic is HOT. Below are a few red carpet worthy beauty items that can work on or off the red carpet.
- This light diffusing powder palette. A trio of 3 powders that aim to be applied after make up application to finish, soften, and diffuse light. I tried this palette last night at Sephora and instantly fell in love with the way it helped smooth out my skin and brighten my look. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette / $58
- A luxurious way to apply liquid or powder foundation. This brush. It’s so soft. It has 2 tiers of super soft bristles. It pairs well with the above Hourglass palette. It makes for a super smooth finish regardless if you use liquid or power foundation. Worth the splurge. Something worth investing in = good make up brushes. Make Up For Ever 122 Blending Brush / $48
- A smooth and long-staying eyeliner. Regardless if your eyes tear from the wind or if you’re crying because you won your first Grammy, this eyeliner DOES IT. It comes in over TWENTY colors. I’m a fan of “dark chocolate brown.” This liner has staying power but can be buffed after application to create a more subtle line. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes / $19
- A gloss with color and moisture. Face it, a pop of color (or 5) is perfect for the Grammys. It’s also great during the dull winter months. They call this a “tinted oil.” It does go on slicker (not sticky!) because it has jojoba oil as a main ingredient. I love how soft it feels and how the color slowly develops. I like “Pink About Me 8.” Oh and the tube packaging is GORGEOUS. So pretty and dying to be carried around daily. The applicator is a little pair of lips…adorable. Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Tinted-In-Oil / $32
- A dramatic, volumizing (yet not drying) mascara. No one wants crusty lashes. No on wants running mascara. In comes THIS mascara by YSL. Makes lashes fuller and softer. I got a sample of this from Sephora and used it religiously. Such a great mascara. Lashes really do look “baby doll-like” after application. Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll / $30
And for those of us on the couch (or lounging in bed) below are 2 of my Sunday favorites:
- This silky smooth robe. I literally wear it around the house and fall asleep in it. Yes, it’s floor length which might scream “old lady” to some – BUT the material is so buttery soft and the fit is flattering. Grab it in black and you’ll feel sexay and comfy. Natori ‘Shangri-La’ Robe / $98
- This divine hair masque to smooth out locks. While watching these great shows – why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? After shampooing, comb through a dollop of this amazing hair masque. Leave for 10 mins and wash out. Not only does it smell AMAZING (the signature, addictive, Oribe scent) but it will leave your hair super soft and detangled. Do it. Trust me. Oribe Signature Moisture Masque / $59
What are YOUR favorite Grammy Awards beauty looks?