Finding the best self tanner is like the hunt for the best pizza in Boston – there are so many alright ones, a couple bad…and then, a few noticeable leaders.
Back in February, I did a post on self tanners (link at the bottom of this post!)…Since then, I have been relying on a couple of ‘go to’ brands. However, recently, I was convinced to try a new brand of self tanner called: St. Tropez. I resisted at first because I wasn’t interested in spending more than $15, let alone $40 on self tanner. But, one of the helpful ladies at Sephora guided me in my purchase and how best to apply the product…and the end result was REAL GOOD.
- First, she suggested I go with the bigger 8 oz. size for $40…considering the next size down was the 4 oz. size for $30!
- The cost to ounce ratio is $5 for the 8 0z. and $7.50 for the 4 oz. Dang!
- She asked me if I would be applying the product in a bathroom with tile floors/white grout…I am indeed! She recommended I DON’T go with the spray because that can be messier and get into cracks and crevices. She suggested I go with the foam – that is easier to apply and stays put
- Her most helpful suggestion was to spend an extra $6 on the Tan Applicator Mitt (link to product below). It’s reuse-able, and washable. It provides an easier, streak-free application…and it helps buff out uneven color. You squirt the foam directly onto the mitt and rub it around:
- The foam is a brown color, which I found helpful when I was applying because I could see where I was putting it/not putting it. It blends in well, so once it was applied it wasn’t a funky color…I could have gone out with it on
The end result…natural looking tan color…I even used the mitt to apply some to my face. I feel like it gave me a healthy glow with one application – the color developed over time, but the initial tint gave me an immediate, yet subtle glow. Another thing I liked, the bottle still feels full! Despite using ~10-12 pumps to cover my body, it doesn’t feel like I made a big dent in the bottle. If anything else, get the mitt because it should be helpful in applying most self tanners!
(next time, I’ll do a before and after shot of the color!)
St. Tropez – buy @ Sephora or Sephora.com (I’m sure it’s sold other places too, but there is where I got mine):
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261322&categoryId=B70
- St. Tropez Tan Applicator Mitt: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278310&categoryId=B70
For the original self tanning post, which includes a review of a lower priced (and great!) self tanner – click below: http://wp.me/p1kq6s-R