(I wrote this post the other day but then got sick and forgot to share it!)
Hope you like it!
Fall really hit me today. I don’t know what took so long – because things have been a little brisk around Boston for the last couple weeks, I went apple picking WEEKS ago, and the leaves have been turning for awhile. But today, with my boots on and a long sweater, I felt it. Ahhh, I love Fall.
With summer behind us, I like to try something new with my skincare routine. I’ve been in the market for a fruit enzyme exfoliator. The difference with a fruit enzyme exfoliator vs. a ‘regular’ exfoliator is that it uses fruit enzymes to break down and get rid of dead skin cells vs. using beads, grains, or seeds. I came across this lovely PUMPKIN exfoliating mask and BOOM I knew I had met my Fall-face-care match!!
What I like:
- This mask is actually “Pumpkin Honey” yum!
- Full name: Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask
- Pumpkin enzymes have long been known to be great at breaking down dead skin cells so you can swipe em’ right off
- No GMOs, gluten, parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic colors, dyes and fragrances
- This cost me around $12 at Whole Foods. Pumpkin masks are known to be pricier so I was PSYCHED about this price point!
- I’ve used it 2x – I can feel it tingling. When I wash it off my skin, my skin feels so fresh. And after each use people have mentioned my skin has a different glow to it. Ya! Noticeable results
How to use:
- Cleanse and dry skin
- Apply a healthy amount to dry skin
- Avoid eye and lip areas. I’d also suggest avoiding your nose if you’ve been blowing it alot and the skin is tender. I found it stung my nose BUT, if my nose wasn’t raw – I’d totally suggest spreading all over it – because it’s within those creases that the mask can really do it’s work
- Leave on for 10 minutes
- Rinse with cool water (and I used a wash cloth too)
- Your skin might be a bit red, but I found that it fades
- Moisturize and go!
So, even if Fall isn’t your favorite season – this Fall mask is great any time of year. I’d recommend trying it out – sensitive, acne-prone, sun damagaed skin – whatever it is, we all need to get off those dead skin cells to help the new ones shine through. Happy Fall!