Just saw the coolest nails today! I had heard about this manicure before (saw pics online) but assumed it would be too difficult to do yourself – and that you’d have to go to a nail salon and pay big bucks. Well, I was pleasantly surprised today when a co-worker showed off her ‘homemade’ newsprint nails – take a look:
She said it wasn’t hard to do at all – it just takes some additional time than a regular polish job and a couple extra supplies
What you need:
- Nail polish – make sure the color isn’t too dark or the newsprint won’t show up (think light greys, blues, tans, pinks etc.)
- Rubbing alcohol (a small amount is fine)
- A couple pages of newspaper!
- Top coat
- Paint your nails
- Let your nails dry. You can add a top coat as well – but just remember to let them DRY
- Next, grab the rubbing alcohol – using the cap (or a shot glass!) dip each of your finger nails/tips into the rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol with wet the tops of the nails this prepares them for ‘printing’
- Take a piece of newspaper, and one nail at a time, press a piece of the newspaper onto the nail bed – hold for ~15 seconds
- Tip: you can look through the newspaper to find cool blurbs of text, or funky fonts – whatever you want! The idea is, anything you find in the newspaper you can transpose onto your nail…it seems like most people go with black & white text vs. images (considering you only have so much nail space to work with!)
What do you think, will you try it out? Have you already tried the newsprint nails? Please Share!