Pops are color are in! Let me first caveat that I’m no fashionista. I don’t necessarily have my finger on the pulse of fashion ha! But, I occasionally jump on a fun trend if I like it. Admittedly, funky colored pants/jeans are not a new trend – people, and celebs in particular, have been sporting these since Spring 2011 (if not before! I do recall how cool Limited Too colored jeans were back in the 90s!) But recently, I’ve noticed them in a lot of stores, in a lot of different cuts, including skinny, cropped, flare etc…and I think this trend will keep going. And now, there are a lot more affordable options as many retailers have stocked up. It’s a fun way to spice up an outfit – and wear something different from traditional blue denim! I was scared to try at first – but there are ways to seamlessly integrate these colors into a more traditional wardrobe.
A couple places you can find these fun colored pants for less:
- Nordstrom JUNIORS department– I often visit the juniors department in Nordstrom to peruse the more affordable costume jewelry or look for a cute blouse that won’t break the bank. While visiting the junior department this past weekend, I saw these pants…for $42. They are eerily similar to the $170 J Brand pants. I got the fire redcolor.
- Sizing: I had a hard time knowing what size I take in juniors. I was half expecting I wouldn’t be able to do junior pant sizes. But, these pants are very stretchy/have plenty of give. So, to (hopefully) help anyone looking at these…I am 5’6’’ (and a half), 130 lbs, athletic build, round butt…the size 3 fit perfectly. For the record, I never expected to fit into that number, hence why I’m trying to give others some background on sizing for these pants
- They come in grey, fire red, and ROYAL BLUE!
- Link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/fire-skinny-stretch-denim-jeans-juniors/3231546?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=629
- Gap Womens – Gap has a few pairs of funky colored pants. I went more traditional and opted for the ‘Montreal’ color, which is a grey Curvy jean (hey, grey is better than signature denim – which my closet is crawling with!). I went for the curvy fit vs. skinny for these ones. But, Gap also has skinny pants in some funky colors like bright pink (see below)
- The 1969 Lightweight Curvy Jeans are on sale for ~$52 right now: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48607&vid=1&pid=847809
- I got a size 6, I didn’t want to go too tight with these because I’m wearing them to work a lot. They fit great – nice and snug in the upper leg, slightly flared…look nice with a pair of heels. They might run a bit long for anyone shorter than 5’6” ish
- The 1969 mid-weight legging jeans are $69.95 – link below to ‘bright watermelon’ color
- Other reasons to wear funky colored pants (vs. traditional blue denim) – you can pair these colors with a lot of different colors and patterns. Animal prints, funky accessories, you name it! Granted, it will be harder to pull off pink in the Fall/Winter…but deep blues and reds can definitely translate into other seasons. Think blazers or thick/long sweaters — heeled boots, Uggs etc.! – check out these celebs below:
Link to original post: http://wp.me/p1kq6s-aX